Monday, September 28, 2009

Practice makes perfect.

I am not exactly the best at art. I may understand a lot of it, but sometimes I can't make my hands do what I want them to. It's frustrating. I wish I was better. I guess all that I can say, is that I can only improve from here. I was nervous about showing my first three skulls to the class, but once I was in here, I was fine. I realized that just because I made a few pieces that I'm not proud of, doesn't mean that I can't hang them up to get feedback on what I can do to make it better. That's just what happened. I got some good advice. I tend to take criticism hard, but in order to better myself, I need to listen to other people. I think one thing that will help, will be to sit down and just make a ton of quick sketches. I need to make more time for myself if I want to improve. That's what I'm going to start doing from now on is instead of starting with the thoughts that the first one is going to be my final drawing, I need to practice first. Practice makes perfect. The more I practice, the better understanding I will get. I will learn how to visualize better and understand my movements better.

No comments:

Post a Comment